In my previous blog, I have mentioned that the last time we were able to hype Davao successfully was in 1996 with the tagline “Davao: City in Bloom.”
At a young age, I was privileged to have designed the logo which was unveiled at the park by former Councilor Mabel Robillo
. Looking at it now, I cringe at the amateurish effort of my skills at that time. Although I already had my PC then (Windows 95, hey!), I still preferred to sketch and paint every design by hand. After that, I had created a few more logo designs for Davao. Nothing spectacular, though.
Eek, a young me with my amateurish design back then
The design (it was hand drawn and repainted for framing on the wall of the City Tourism Office) and my concept was rather a crude mosaic of all the best things that Davao can offer.
By now, Davao has a lot of talented young artists willing to put in their share of ideas for the love of the city.
Recommended For You.
- Phoenix Petroleum showcases Mindanaoan roots through art exhibit in Davao -
- Enjoy Super Family Bonding with SKY Direct Christmas Promo -
- Hayahi Faces Undefeated Magsayo in Pinoy Pride 43, on SKY PPV -
- Star Cinema on SKY Pay-per-view brings #ASHLLOYD to the small screen -
- “100 Tula Para Kay Stella” Premieres on television via SKY Movies PPV -
- Misto offers something to drink, to indulge, and to take home this ‘Ber’ season -
- 5 tips that will help you save on your monthly data allowance -
- SKY Subscribers now enjoy award winning Netflix original TV series -
- Excitement and romance on Kathniel’s “Can’t help falling in love” via Star Cinema on SKY PPV -
- SKY Movies Pay-per-view brings “Kita Kita” to the small screen -