In my previous blog, I have mentioned that the last time we were able to hype Davao successfully was in 1996 with the tagline “Davao: City in Bloom.”
At a young age, I was privileged to have designed the logo which was unveiled at the park by former Councilor Mabel Robillo
. Looking at it now, I cringe at the amateurish effort of my skills at that time. Although I already had my PC then (Windows 95, hey!), I still preferred to sketch and paint every design by hand. After that, I had created a few more logo designs for Davao. Nothing spectacular, though.
Eek, a young me with my amateurish design back then
The design (it was hand drawn and repainted for framing on the wall of the City Tourism Office) and my concept was rather a crude mosaic of all the best things that Davao can offer.
By now, Davao has a lot of talented young artists willing to put in their share of ideas for the love of the city.
Recommended For You.
- Excitement and romance on Kathniel’s “Can’t help falling in love” via Star Cinema on SKY PPV - September 21, 2017
- SKY Movies Pay-per-view brings “Kita Kita” to the small screen - September 21, 2017
- Canelo and Golovkin in Superfight on SKY Sports Pay-per-view - September 14, 2017
- R.O.X. Bike Fair returns with “Bike Out 2017 Fun Ride” - September 4, 2017
- Summit Galleria Cebu’s celebrates grand opening (Aug 19) - August 22, 2017
- It’s Always a Fiesta with May Sparkling Grape Juice! - May 29, 2017
- First in Mindanao: PLDT turns General Santos City into a ‘Fibr City’ - April 10, 2017
- PLDT offers lowest call rate to all networks - April 6, 2017
- Make Your Summer Sexy, Colorful, and Sun-proof with Watsons! - April 1, 2017
- 18 Anvil awards for PLDT’s outstanding communications programs - March 26, 2017