In my previous blog, I have mentioned that the last time we were able to hype Davao successfully was in 1996 with the tagline “Davao: City in Bloom.”
At a young age, I was privileged to have designed the logo which was unveiled at the park by former Councilor Mabel Robillo
. Looking at it now, I cringe at the amateurish effort of my skills at that time. Although I already had my PC then (Windows 95, hey!), I still preferred to sketch and paint every design by hand. After that, I had created a few more logo designs for Davao. Nothing spectacular, though.
Eek, a young me with my amateurish design back then
The design (it was hand drawn and repainted for framing on the wall of the City Tourism Office) and my concept was rather a crude mosaic of all the best things that Davao can offer.
By now, Davao has a lot of talented young artists willing to put in their share of ideas for the love of the city.
Recommended For You.
- Make Your Summer Sexy, Colorful, and Sun-proof with Watsons! -
- 18 Anvil awards for PLDT’s outstanding communications programs -
- Tourists can now travel smart with the new Davao mobile guide -
- When you hear it through the Vine -
- Guess who’s coming to Flossy -
- Araw ng Dabaw Fun Photography Workshop with Jojie Alcantara -
- PLDT Home Fibr launches the most powerful wireless router -
- SKY’s interactive family entertainment roadshow drops by SM Lanang Davao on Feb 17-19 -
- Pearl Farm celebrates Valentines Day -
- 29 Miss Universe candidates to visit Davao for Mindanao Tapestry Gala -