Christmas at People’s Park
Published in SunStar Davao on December 7, 2011
Witerary by Jojie Alcantara (text and photos)
A slight drizzle didn’t faze my family when we brought my 2-year old daughter Kameron and niece Princess, their first time at night, in the People’s Park to witness the spectacular display of colors and decorations that indicate Christmas is in the air.
A huge Christmas tree looms at the entrance with Santa waving at you, while a tall shelter for the Belen (tableau of the Nativity) made from local materials are set up in another area. Out there by the bridge, a new set of fountains draw people like a magnet, making every child’s eyes rounder in awe at the rush of water and play of colored lights, in time to the music being blared over the sound system.
People’s Park is a wonderful place to bring your kids and family over for a stroll where daily entertainment programs are now set for the holiday season. Outside the park are display stalls which sell assorted items and food for the Christmas bazaar.
Enjoy the Christmas photos.
* * * *
Recommended For You.
- Star Cinema on SKY Pay-per-view brings #ASHLLOYD to the small screen -
- “100 Tula Para Kay Stella” Premieres on television via SKY Movies PPV -
- Misto offers something to drink, to indulge, and to take home this ‘Ber’ season -
- 5 tips that will help you save on your monthly data allowance -
- SKY Subscribers now enjoy award winning Netflix original TV series -
- Excitement and romance on Kathniel’s “Can’t help falling in love” via Star Cinema on SKY PPV -
- SKY Movies Pay-per-view brings “Kita Kita” to the small screen -
- Canelo and Golovkin in Superfight on SKY Sports Pay-per-view -
- R.O.X. Bike Fair returns with “Bike Out 2017 Fun Ride” -
- Summit Galleria Cebu’s celebrates grand opening (Aug 19) -