MY MINDANAO: PHOTOGRAPHS FOR HOPE opens tomorrow, December 18, at the Sulawesi Function Room, ground floor of Marco Polo Davao, from 9am until 10 in the evening.
This special one day exhibit is for a cause. In our years of experience as photojournalists we have been lucky to be traveling around to document wonderful places, people and culture, and publish them. We have collected many images that depict the beauty of our islands. We truly believe that Mindanao is blessed with people who care for its natural resources and preservation. But Nature has its own course, as well.
Last year after Typhoon Sendong, through the help of friends and a workshop (“Shoot for Hope”), we were able to raise money and deliver relief goods to Cagayan de Oro and Iligan during the Christmas Season. This year we are trying to help raise awareness of the need to reach out more to remote, stricken areas hit by Pablo.
We decided to donate forty (40) of our images. Some will be of Lumad portraits as well as landscapes, both familiar and unknown. The selection is a mix of published and unpublished photos.
The function room is open for receiving any donations and relief goods. We are tying up with NGOs who are reaching out to the lumads, and Canon, which recently delivered a truckload of goods to areas in Compostela Valley.
Canon generously printed our images which will be up for sale. They will also open a blowup printing service for photographers and interested parties. Whatever funds we raise will be donated to the families who lost their homes and hopes for a good Christmas. A mall exhibit will follow afterwards (to be announced).
Through this invitation, we hope you can come and join us in our efforts of reaching out and rekindling hope and faith in times of hardships and trials. We were once unfortunate disaster victims ourselves, and many people have unselfishly reached out to us in good faith.
We will be at the venue the whole day to welcome you. Your presence will mean a lot. Thank you very much.
Rhonson Ng and Jojie Alcantara
Below are relief drives from various sectors namely: Canon, Aromacology Sensi and LGU Davao Oriental
Recommended For You.
- Phoenix Petroleum showcases Mindanaoan roots through art exhibit in Davao -
- Enjoy Super Family Bonding with SKY Direct Christmas Promo -
- Hayahi Faces Undefeated Magsayo in Pinoy Pride 43, on SKY PPV -
- Star Cinema on SKY Pay-per-view brings #ASHLLOYD to the small screen -
- “100 Tula Para Kay Stella” Premieres on television via SKY Movies PPV -
- Misto offers something to drink, to indulge, and to take home this ‘Ber’ season -
- 5 tips that will help you save on your monthly data allowance -
- SKY Subscribers now enjoy award winning Netflix original TV series -
- Excitement and romance on Kathniel’s “Can’t help falling in love” via Star Cinema on SKY PPV -
- SKY Movies Pay-per-view brings “Kita Kita” to the small screen -