“DAVAO is not called the ‘Fruit Basket of the Philippines for nothing. Top of the heap — the rich, pungent King of Fruits, which is practically the city’s favorite fruit.” Silkwinds Magazine Story by Joyce Ong Y.T. and photos by Rhonson Ng and Jojie Alcantara
During this assignment, magazine writer Joyce Ong Y.T. flew in from Singapore and stayed in Park Inn Radisson Hotel in Lanang for a few fun days in Davao. We were able to cover a few interesting locations and subjects that pleasantly surprised and amazed her [ think Ponce Suites’ unConvention Center , among others ].
Her article “Crazy about Durians” focuses on the phenomenal fruit as a popular delicacy in our country, most particularly in Davao which is a major producer of durian. Over 90 percent of durians in the Philippines are cultivated in Mindanao.
We visited Partoza Durian Farms in Calinan, famous for producing premium quality durians. After a tour around the farm and a hearty lunch, we headed down to Magsaysay Park for a diligent task of eating every durian variety available. Hands down, this was one of the most appetizing assignments for me. 🙂
Recommended For You.
- Star Cinema’s “Love you to the stars and back” on SKY PPV this Valentine -
- SKY offers subscribers access to four online streaming services -
- SKY Pay-Per-View Opens the Year with Movie Offerings -
- Gabrielle Gross: Sweet 16 singer-songwriter -
- Phoenix Petroleum showcases Mindanaoan roots through art exhibit in Davao -
- Enjoy Super Family Bonding with SKY Direct Christmas Promo -
- Hayahi Faces Undefeated Magsayo in Pinoy Pride 43, on SKY PPV -
- Star Cinema on SKY Pay-per-view brings #ASHLLOYD to the small screen -
- “100 Tula Para Kay Stella” Premieres on television via SKY Movies PPV -
- Misto offers something to drink, to indulge, and to take home this ‘Ber’ season -