F&B Manager Chel Galang Yabut
Marco Polo Davao appoints new Food & Beverage Manager
By Jojie Alcantara
I had the pleasure of meeting Marco Polo Davao’s new Food & Beverage Manager, Ms. Ma. Consuelo Galang-Yabut, during a media luncheon at the Polo Bistro.
The former District Manager of The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf who used to oversee several coffee outlets, Miss Chel as she is called, has 31 years of experience in the food and beverage industry. From the ranks in the 80’s she has worked her way up the corporate ladder where her first hotel stint was at The Peninsula Manila, earning her a ten-year loyalty awardee of the hotel. She then ventured into the restaurant industry in Via Mare, Bargo Sports Bar and soon became an outlet manager for Max Brenner.
Miss Chel went back to the hotel industry and became the Purchasing Manager of Peninsula de Punta Fuego and Terrazas de Punta Fuego. She then worked as Food and Beverage Manager for the concession of Canyon Cove in Nasugbu, Paseo Premiere Hotel and Technopark Hotel in Laguna, followed by The Linden Suites hotel in Ortigas. Soon after, she became the Director for Food & Beverage of the One Kitchen Stadium Group of Companies.
She decided to put up her own Hotel and Restaurant Consultancy group, Une Enterprise de Conseil and her catering company, Home Chefs Catering.
Apart from that impressive profile, the new F&B Manager is also a food historian, blogger, and a recipe contributor for What Happens when the Farmers Meet the Chefs Cookbook. She also worked as a Culinary Director for the Eat and Cheat Cancer Project on top of her list of projects and accomplishments.
With Davao media colleagues, we enjoyed our mouthwatering lunch menu prepared by Executive Sous Chef Alex Destriza, which starts off with an appetizer of Malagos White Cheese, Tomato Confit, Balsamic Pearls and Rockets, followed by Truffle Green Asparagus Soup, Poached Prawn Tartar, Lump Caviar, and Alfalfa. Served with a glass of red wine, the main course was a heavenly Smoked Lamb Rack, Caramelized Onion, and Goat Cheese, Chorizo and Herb Potato Cake, and Grilled Portobello with Lemon Caramel Syrup.
The whole meal was topped with a delightful rapport with Miss Chel, Director of Sales and Marketing Miss Pearl Peralta-Maclang and MarCom Manager Josef Ledesma over a hearty Bailey’s Irish Cream Crème Brulee served with fresh, delicious Strawberry.
Ms. Chel promises to bring in her culinary expertise and vision to Marco Polo Davao as she excitingly explores the city’s market for local fresh ingredients to add to her gourmet collaborations. This is something to whet our appetites, for sure.
Recommended For You.
- Star Cinema’s “Love you to the stars and back” on SKY PPV this Valentine -
- SKY offers subscribers access to four online streaming services -
- SKY Pay-Per-View Opens the Year with Movie Offerings -
- Gabrielle Gross: Sweet 16 singer-songwriter -
- Phoenix Petroleum showcases Mindanaoan roots through art exhibit in Davao -
- Enjoy Super Family Bonding with SKY Direct Christmas Promo -
- Hayahi Faces Undefeated Magsayo in Pinoy Pride 43, on SKY PPV -
- Star Cinema on SKY Pay-per-view brings #ASHLLOYD to the small screen -
- “100 Tula Para Kay Stella” Premieres on television via SKY Movies PPV -
- Misto offers something to drink, to indulge, and to take home this ‘Ber’ season -