During a wonderful season of bountiful harvest from land to sea in Davao’s month of Kadayawan festivities, the freshest fruits and seafood abound so generously.
Rekado Filipino Comfort Food offers a delectable preparation of crab delights on the menu in time for the city celebration.
The crabs are cooked in three mouthwatering recipes: the Crabs in Oriental Sauce, Salt and Pepper Crabs and Crab Tininghi.
The Crabs in Oriental Sauce is mildly spicy, balanced with a hint of sweetness and the flavored harmony soaked well on deep fried crabs.
The Salt and Pepper Crabs is both fragrant and savory, cooked by tossing fresh crabs in white wine infused with chilis, onions and other flavorful aromatics.
One of Rekado’s bestsellers is the Shrimp Tininghi, and Chef Pauline Benedicto-Malilin leveled up the original dish by preparing the Crab Tininghi with a savory paste simmered in coconut milk and sweetened by coconut milk.
“The Kadayawan month is the perfect time to introduce and highlight these crab dishes,” says Chef Pauline. “I’ve had these recipes for so long now and waited for the right moment to launch it and put it alongside the well-loved seafood dishes on the Rekado menu.”
In a luncheon hosted for friends in Davao media, the chef added two of Rekado’s well-loved dishes to go along with the theme —the Gising-gising, winged beans (sigarilyas) slow cooked in coconut milk and topped with crispy dilis; and the Tuna Panga, fresh tuna of good quality finely seasoned with salt and pepper and basted with sauce of lemon, butter with garlic and grilled over charcoal, topped with roasted garlic and served with Ensaladang Talong, Burong Mangga and soy sauce dipping.
“We’re giving the foodies, especially the seafood lovers, three more good reasons to experience Rekado cuisine. It’s comfort food, but with a twist,” said Tisha Benedicto-Sebastian, the chef’s sister and business partner.
Rekado Filipino Comfort Food is along Jacinto Extension. For inquiries and reservations, call (082) 224-3031. Find them on Facebook: Rekado Davao, and on Instagram: @RekadoDavao.
Special thanks to good friend Jinggoy Salvador for the invitation.
Recommended For You.
- Excitement and romance on Kathniel’s “Can’t help falling in love” via Star Cinema on SKY PPV -
- SKY Movies Pay-per-view brings “Kita Kita” to the small screen -
- Canelo and Golovkin in Superfight on SKY Sports Pay-per-view -
- R.O.X. Bike Fair returns with “Bike Out 2017 Fun Ride” -
- Summit Galleria Cebu’s celebrates grand opening (Aug 19) -
- It’s Always a Fiesta with May Sparkling Grape Juice! -
- First in Mindanao: PLDT turns General Santos City into a ‘Fibr City’ -
- PLDT offers lowest call rate to all networks -
- Make Your Summer Sexy, Colorful, and Sun-proof with Watsons! -
- 18 Anvil awards for PLDT’s outstanding communications programs -