Matigsalug lumads take time off from selling their accessories in the Philippine Eagle Foundation Center to keep up with the times through mobile technology. © Jojie Alcantara
The peace-loving Ata Matigsalog (or Matigsalug) is a tribal group found in the hinterlands of Bukidnon and the mountain districts of Davao City. Matigsalug means “people by the river”, and they are one of Davao’s most colorful ethnic groups. While they are known for their brave stance against territorial disputes, they are also acknowledged for their creative, artistic skills as well as craftsmanship.
Recommended For You.
- Star Cinema’s “Love you to the stars and back” on SKY PPV this Valentine -
- SKY offers subscribers access to four online streaming services -
- SKY Pay-Per-View Opens the Year with Movie Offerings -
- Gabrielle Gross: Sweet 16 singer-songwriter -
- Phoenix Petroleum showcases Mindanaoan roots through art exhibit in Davao -
- Enjoy Super Family Bonding with SKY Direct Christmas Promo -
- Hayahi Faces Undefeated Magsayo in Pinoy Pride 43, on SKY PPV -
- Star Cinema on SKY Pay-per-view brings #ASHLLOYD to the small screen -
- “100 Tula Para Kay Stella” Premieres on television via SKY Movies PPV -
- Misto offers something to drink, to indulge, and to take home this ‘Ber’ season -