Matigsalug lumads take time off from selling their accessories in the Philippine Eagle Foundation Center to keep up with the times through mobile technology. © Jojie Alcantara
The peace-loving Ata Matigsalog (or Matigsalug) is a tribal group found in the hinterlands of Bukidnon and the mountain districts of Davao City. Matigsalug means “people by the river”, and they are one of Davao’s most colorful ethnic groups. While they are known for their brave stance against territorial disputes, they are also acknowledged for their creative, artistic skills as well as craftsmanship.
Recommended For You.
- Excitement and romance on Kathniel’s “Can’t help falling in love” via Star Cinema on SKY PPV - September 21, 2017
- SKY Movies Pay-per-view brings “Kita Kita” to the small screen - September 21, 2017
- Canelo and Golovkin in Superfight on SKY Sports Pay-per-view - September 14, 2017
- R.O.X. Bike Fair returns with “Bike Out 2017 Fun Ride” - September 4, 2017
- Summit Galleria Cebu’s celebrates grand opening (Aug 19) - August 22, 2017
- It’s Always a Fiesta with May Sparkling Grape Juice! - May 29, 2017
- First in Mindanao: PLDT turns General Santos City into a ‘Fibr City’ - April 10, 2017
- PLDT offers lowest call rate to all networks - April 6, 2017
- Make Your Summer Sexy, Colorful, and Sun-proof with Watsons! - April 1, 2017
- 18 Anvil awards for PLDT’s outstanding communications programs - March 26, 2017