Matigsalug lumads take time off from selling their accessories in the Philippine Eagle Foundation Center to keep up with the times through mobile technology. © Jojie Alcantara
The peace-loving Ata Matigsalog (or Matigsalug) is a tribal group found in the hinterlands of Bukidnon and the mountain districts of Davao City. Matigsalug means “people by the river”, and they are one of Davao’s most colorful ethnic groups. While they are known for their brave stance against territorial disputes, they are also acknowledged for their creative, artistic skills as well as craftsmanship.
Recommended For You.
- Phoenix Petroleum showcases Mindanaoan roots through art exhibit in Davao -
- Enjoy Super Family Bonding with SKY Direct Christmas Promo -
- Hayahi Faces Undefeated Magsayo in Pinoy Pride 43, on SKY PPV -
- Star Cinema on SKY Pay-per-view brings #ASHLLOYD to the small screen -
- “100 Tula Para Kay Stella” Premieres on television via SKY Movies PPV -
- Misto offers something to drink, to indulge, and to take home this ‘Ber’ season -
- 5 tips that will help you save on your monthly data allowance -
- SKY Subscribers now enjoy award winning Netflix original TV series -
- Excitement and romance on Kathniel’s “Can’t help falling in love” via Star Cinema on SKY PPV -
- SKY Movies Pay-per-view brings “Kita Kita” to the small screen -