Matigsalug lumads take time off from selling their accessories in the Philippine Eagle Foundation Center to keep up with the times through mobile technology. © Jojie Alcantara
The peace-loving Ata Matigsalog (or Matigsalug) is a tribal group found in the hinterlands of Bukidnon and the mountain districts of Davao City. Matigsalug means “people by the river”, and they are one of Davao’s most colorful ethnic groups. While they are known for their brave stance against territorial disputes, they are also acknowledged for their creative, artistic skills as well as craftsmanship.
Recommended For You.
- It’s Always a Fiesta with May Sparkling Grape Juice! - May 29, 2017
- First in Mindanao: PLDT turns General Santos City into a ‘Fibr City’ - April 10, 2017
- PLDT offers lowest call rate to all networks - April 6, 2017
- Make Your Summer Sexy, Colorful, and Sun-proof with Watsons! - April 1, 2017
- 18 Anvil awards for PLDT’s outstanding communications programs - March 26, 2017
- Tourists can now travel smart with the new Davao mobile guide - March 16, 2017
- When you hear it through the Vine - March 10, 2017
- Guess who’s coming to Flossy - March 3, 2017
- Araw ng Dabaw Fun Photography Workshop with Jojie Alcantara - February 25, 2017
- PLDT Home Fibr launches the most powerful wireless router - February 10, 2017