Matigsalug lumads take time off from selling their accessories in the Philippine Eagle Foundation Center to keep up with the times through mobile technology. © Jojie Alcantara
The peace-loving Ata Matigsalog (or Matigsalug) is a tribal group found in the hinterlands of Bukidnon and the mountain districts of Davao City. Matigsalug means “people by the river”, and they are one of Davao’s most colorful ethnic groups. While they are known for their brave stance against territorial disputes, they are also acknowledged for their creative, artistic skills as well as craftsmanship.
Recommended For You.
- Tourists can now travel smart with the new Davao mobile guide -
- When you hear it through the Vine -
- Guess who’s coming to Flossy -
- Araw ng Dabaw Fun Photography Workshop with Jojie Alcantara -
- PLDT Home Fibr launches the most powerful wireless router -
- SKY’s interactive family entertainment roadshow drops by SM Lanang Davao on Feb 17-19 -
- Pearl Farm celebrates Valentines Day -
- 29 Miss Universe candidates to visit Davao for Mindanao Tapestry Gala -
- SKY Brings All-in-One Internet, Cable TV, and Video-On Demand Plans to Davao -
- PLDT, Smart, TV5 and Solar converge to bring the ultimate Miss Universe 2016 experience to more Filipinos -