No less than John Gokongwei, Jr. , business magnate, investor, and philanthropist who owns Robinsons Malls, Universal Robina Corporation and the Chairman of JG Summit Holdings, graced the grand opening of Summit Galleria Cebu, the newest boutique hotel within the Robinsons Galleria Complex. It formally opened its doors to the public on August 19, 2017.
Summit Galleria Cebu is considered as the flagship hotel of Summit Hotels and Resorts, which include Summit Ridge Tagaytay, Summit Hotel Magnolia and Summit Circle Cebu in Fuente Osmena.
This posh 220-room hotel showcases distinct local character in a contemporary setting that features the creative skills of Design Hiraya Queseda, an award winning interior design team based in Manila, who creates a dynamic and fresh look that is both modern and eclectic but balances attractive space and comfort for the guests. Even the elevators are spacious.
Located within the 4.7 hectare Robinsons Galleria Cebu lifestyle complex, the hotel offers direct access to the Robinsons Mall and is just two blocks away from Cebu’s Pier 4 as well as a 45-minute ride from the Mactan Cebu International Airport.
With amenities that provide a convenient venue for work, play and relaxation, it features a large indoor pool, café and bar, gaming areas and a savvy lobby lounge. The Raintree Hospitality Group is its official food and beverage operator and provides the guests’ gustatory experience with Providore, the onsite restaurant, in-room dining, ballroom and function venues.
For its grand opening treat, Summit Galeria Cebu gives a special introductory rate which starts at P2,777.00 per night for a Super Room, inclusive of VAT and breakfast (promo subject to availability). Each room is furnished with high quality beds, soft pillows and linen for a memorable sleeping experience.
JG Summit Holdings and Cebu Pacific Air treat the media guests from Davao, Cagayan de Oro, Bacolod, and Dumaguete by flying us in for another #SuperStay experience. The ribbon cutting ceremony was opened by Mr. John Gokongwei Jr. and wife Elizabeth, the Summit Hotel officers, and Cebu City’s Mayor Tomas Osmena. The program was held in the Grand Ballroom which seats 600 guests, mostly members of Cebu’s society.
* * * *
(Jojie Alcantara is a long time photojournalist, workshop speaker, blogger, and social media influencer based in Davao City. She has been proudly writing for SunStar Davao for more than two decades. In this nest she has grown to become an avid traveler and photographer. Email at email@example.com or visit her blog kodakerdabawenya.com.)
Recommended For You.
- Phoenix Petroleum showcases Mindanaoan roots through art exhibit in Davao -
- Enjoy Super Family Bonding with SKY Direct Christmas Promo -
- Hayahi Faces Undefeated Magsayo in Pinoy Pride 43, on SKY PPV -
- Star Cinema on SKY Pay-per-view brings #ASHLLOYD to the small screen -
- “100 Tula Para Kay Stella” Premieres on television via SKY Movies PPV -
- Misto offers something to drink, to indulge, and to take home this ‘Ber’ season -
- 5 tips that will help you save on your monthly data allowance -
- SKY Subscribers now enjoy award winning Netflix original TV series -
- Excitement and romance on Kathniel’s “Can’t help falling in love” via Star Cinema on SKY PPV -
- SKY Movies Pay-per-view brings “Kita Kita” to the small screen -